Fly-In to Washington, DC
Join us in Washington, DC on September 20-21 to elevate your company’s voice on the topic of workforce development with policymakers.
At the intersection of business and politics, The Delegation of German Industry & Commerce in Washington, DC, aims to bring German companies vis-à-vis the U.S. government
Finding a skilled workforce is one of the top issues German subsidiaries in the U.S. are facing in 2023. DGIC offers the opportunity to bring these concerns to key decision-makers during our Fly-In to Washinton, DC. Join us for a 1-day deep-dive into Washington’s policy ecosystem and experience firsthand how German companies and the U.S. government can benefit from discussing workforce development. The Fly-In offers the chance to meet with officials from the U.S. Administration, U.S. Congress, and the German Embassy. Our Fly-In will conclude with our annual Oktoberfest networking reception at the historic Decatur House welcoming over 200 business, policy, and industry professionals across the DC-metro region. View the agenda for more details and be one of the 12 companies to join us in Washington, DC to discuss workforce development.
The event is currently full. If you are interested in joining the waitlist, please email Jayne Peters
Tentative Schedule: Wednesday, September 20-21 2023
Wednesday, September 20 | 5:30PM-7:30PM
- Welcome Briefing & Overview of Program
Thursday, September 21 | 8:00AM-9:00PM
- Meetings with U.S. Congress, the U.S. Department of Commerce, and the U.S. Department of Labor
- Understand the priorities and agenda of the current Congress
- Discuss with policy-makers about workforce development and concerns from German companies’ point-of-views
- Learn about DOC workforce development agenda
- Discuss workforce and apprenticeship with DOL's Office of Apprenticeship
- Meeting with U.S Chamber of Commerce
- Gain an overview and understanding of the work the U.S. Chamber is carrying out
- Learn about the benefits of engaging with the U.S. Chamber
- Become familiar with U.S. Chamber initiatives in workforce development
- Meeting with the German Embassy
- Tour DC political sights
- Networking reception at our Annual Oktoberfest welcoming 200+ guests
Pricing & Sponsorship
Registration costs $995 which includes your company name on all promotional materials and the DGIC website. All guests are responsible for making their own travel arrangements to and from Washington, DC, as well as hotel accommodations. Ground transportation, all meals and trip materials are included. Invoices will be sent via email after you register and must be paid within 2 weeks of being received.
Gold Sponsor - $3,500: Includes your company name on promotional materials, delegation lead, welcome remarks at high-level meeting and networking reception, one ad in packet, and event registration
Silver Sponsor - $2,500: Includes your company name on promotional materials, remarks during networking reception, one ad in packet, and event registration
All guests are responsible for making their own travel arrangements to and from Washington, D.C. as well as hotel accommodations.
AC Marriott Washington Downtown AC Marriott Washington Downtown (special rate based upon availability)
1112 19th Street NW, Washington, District of Columbia, USA, 20036
Tel: +1 202-303-0190